So my teacher Mark told me to fix up my Spirited Away images for the end of the year show. I thought they looked pretty good as they were, but there’s always stuff you can do to punch it up.
- added displacement map to the ground (much rougher)
- made pine needles more “thick”
- added actual leaf texture to bamboo leaves (previously just a color)
- put daisy-like design on the gold cylinders under the sign
- made shrub on left more of a bush
- made sign lettering more grungy and dark
- put an HDR image of clouds into the window reflections
- lowered front of bridge railing to match up with the ground
- added erosion to pink plaster walls to the lower left and right of the bridge
- fixed lighting in night shot to bring middle wall forward
- raised exposure in Photoshop and added a vignette
- rendered them out at 4000 x 2250 instead of 1920 x 1080
and various others.